A portrait of the French Breed Beauceron, with plenty of details inside his drawing with the Herding Dog. If you get closer, you will see theses stories :
- The Beauceron is a French herding dog breed with origins in the center of France, this area is called "La Beauce"
- In the past, Beauceron would help farmers: To Serve and Protect the Farm!
- Both guarding and herding sheep, it was also very useful against wolves
- An 18th-century book mention: a daring mastiff capable of attacking and defeating a wolf on its own.
- A unique characteristic of this breed is the double dewclaws on the back legs.
- These are required by the breed standard as a sign of a true Beauceron.
- Some folks say it goes back to the early days of the breed: it gives more grip when herding a flock of sheep.
- and some mechanic skills are needed to keep this vintage classic on its two legs.
- While Beauceron is short-haired, he has a long-haired brother coming from the "Brie" Area: called the Briard
- This dog is also known as Berger de Beauce or Bas Rouge which can be translated as "red stockings"
- The most common color is black and tan, just like the Rottweiler and Doberman :
- theses two breeds have Beauceron blood in it.
- It could be a mix of two dogs: The german shepherd, without health problems, and the Rottweiler in a lighter version!
- The breed has deep roots as a watchdog and is a very diligent guardian of the house
- But is although patient and protective with children, making him a great family Dog.
- As a very intelligent dog, It needs a disciplined master who knows how to train such a dog.
- They are used quite successfully as "land mine" detection dogs or for "Search and Rescue" works.
- It's a sensitive dog which displays an extreme sense of loyalty that illustrate the french saying :
- Once a Beauceron, always a Beauceron
Hand-drawn and printed on matt art paper. Easy to frame, this hand-signed and numbered print will be a great discussion starter!
/ About /
- Hand-signed and hand-numbered at the front
- Open Edition giclée print.
- Printed on high quality 210 gsm paper or 120 gsm for rolled pictures
- Frame not included
- Fast processing, i go to the post office every day.
I try to keep fares simple and easy so I propose 2 options : a Standard shipping and a priority one with tracking. Whatever the size or weight, this is the same price for the parcel.
Rates and Delivery Time
Orders are sent via "La poste".
Orders are insured in case of damage or loss.
Applicable sales taxes are applied when your order is processed according to where the item will be shipped.
Orders are shipped from Chauvigny, France and take one to two business days to process, in addition to the delivery times shown.
Isolated and rural areas may take longer.
Please note International delivery can take from 5 business days up to 4 weeks, but if you haven’t received anything within 2 weeks please get in touch with me and will investigate the cause of any delay.
To try and keep postage costs down I do not send by tracked delivery as standard, this option is available though.